Wall Worm 2.697 Released

Started by wallworm, September 23, 2015, 11:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallworm

Version 2.697 released on 9-23-2015

* Added new MacroScript "Selected Verts Off Grid". When toggled on, vertices of selected geometry and knots of selected splines will show up if they are off the world grid.

* Added new MacroScript "Interpolation Info". When toggled on, the interpolation points of selected splines will show up as well as the x/y offset from the last interpolated point.

To use these functions, you need to bind them to keyboard shortcuts via Customize > Customize User Interface > Keyboard > Category:wallworm.com. The keyboard shortcut key you bind to it will act as a toggle to turn the functions on/off.

Of the two functions, the first is probably most useful/practical. The second deals with interpolated splines, but those are harder to control--but you can at least use it to understand some of the values of your spline.

These tools are starting a new collection of tools for visualizing and working with brushes and splines that control brushes (like in a CorVex layout). Thanks to Gulli for asking for the tools. I'd previously started a geometry vertex xView but stalled because of some roadblocks with some geometry types; when Gulli asked for a way to visualize some of the spline data, it pulled my mind back to my xView project. In this case, I ditched xView and used GW calls. And now that I've learned how to implement GW calls, I'll be able to add some more visualization to object relationships that I hadn't figured out in the past without creating scene nodes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk